March 19, 2017: Executive Pastor Nate McClintock
The root of self condemnation leads to depression, hopelessness, and fear. Through the cross we can find happiness, we can find hope, relief, freedom from guilt and shame, and freedom from condemnation.
Romans 8:1-2 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. (NIV)
Those who know the Lord, the redeemed, are able to say:
- I was spiritually dead in my sin, but Jesus made me spiritually alive. By grace I have been saved through faith and not of what I’ve done, but from the gift of God.
- I am walking in the Spirit through the power of the infilling of the Holy Ghost.
- I am not good enough, but Christ in me, makes me not just good enough, but justified and in a “right” standing before God.
- I can’t live the Christian life by my own effort. But by Jesus Christ who lives within me. I live by faith of the works on the Cross.
- I may stumble—but I shall ARISE. Through Him. And I shall stand before HIM one day with no condemnation—NOT GUILTY—covered by His blood.